Steps to creating accessible video content
- Ensure colours used in video have good contrast and colour alone isn’t used to convey meaning.
- Avoid fast-flashing content.
- Ensure all controls like volume, play and pause can be operated with a keyboard and have accessible labels for screen readers.
- Ensure videos do not play automatically when the web page loads. This can be confusing, and the sound can interfere with screen readers.
- Add subtitles and captions to your video.
- Add a transcript to your video and include it as a link below your embedded video.
- Add additional audio description to your video when the default audio track isn't sufficient.